The Investing in Children Membership Award™
Our Award gives organisations national recognition for actively including children and young people in dialogue that results in change.
It involves hearing directly from children and young people: how they have a voice and contribute to changes in your work with them.
It responds to the challenge from young people, to make changes... “where we live our lives”
- By including dialogue and change in the criterion it focuses on outcome as well as process.
- It provides an opportunity for children and young people to experience being active citizens, influencing the world around them.
- By seeking evidence from children and young people themselves it shifts power to them and avoids tokenism.
- There is a lot of persuasive evidence to show that the process helps produce efficient, cost effective services.
The Investing in Children Membership Award™ recognises and celebrates examples of imaginative and inclusive good practice
To apply for Membership, there are no complicated forms to complete or an arbitrary set of standards to meet.
Start by downloading the info sheet below. We will arrange a visit to take you through the rest of the process.
Following from this, a project worker from Investing in Children will meet with you, and the children and young people who use the service, to get evidence from them of dialogue and change.
A report is drafted based on their evidence. If the evidence is positive, membership is awarded.
However, if for any reason there isn’t enough evidence of dialogue and change when we visit, we will work with you to see what else needs to be done and set an agreed timescale as to when we will come back to visit and meet with the children and young people again.
- Contact IiC - Make contact with a member of IiC to start the process of attaining the Investing in Children Membership Award™
- Get Info - The IiC team will talk through what you currently do and give, examples of good practice and advise of areas to work on
- Review Evidence - Your company and the IiC team will review the evidence you have presented, and again make any suggestions or recommended improvements to be made, to attain the award
- Arrange Meeting - The next steps is to arrange either a virtual or face to face meeting with the Children & Young people, to gain their evidence of changes made and to see if they agree, that your organisation warrants the Award
- Meet Children & YP - The next steps is to arrange either a virtual or face to face meeting with the Children & Young people, to gain their evidence of changes made and to see if they agree, that your organisation warrants the Award
- Get Award - Either get your award and Membership, along with access to a wealth of support and expertise and an introduction to other like minded individuals, as we believe in sharing best practice. In the unlikely event the YP do not agree you get the award, we arrange another visit to re-assess your evidence
Apply now for recognition